An Angel in the Kitchen is a real food and family recipe blog.
A place to be able to find our recipes again & remember how we made stuff!

Sunday, September 22, 2019

Delicious Raw Ginger Slice

I came across a recipe months ago just here for a raw ginger slice. I finally got around to making it today- my way. I'm not in to "plant based" or vegan diets so I have reinvented the recipe for myself & it is so delicious!
My amounts are pretty approximate as I was making it up as I went along.
Make to taste & according to what you have a available & your own needs & preferences.
I really like this simple base that's blended altogether in a food processor:

1/2c walnuts, 1/2c raw cashew pieces & around 8 large soft, stoned dates.
Add a few pieces of glace or crystallised ginger.
Blitz in together until it's nice & fine & blended.
Add a tbsp of melted coconut oil & pulse to mix.
Press in to container- couldn't think what to use & then I found this pie dish.
I've used some natural waxed paper underneath.
Pop the base in to the fridge.

Topping:
1 cup of broken raw cashews soaked in unchlorinated water for 4 hours, or overnight. 
Drain- & put in to the food processor with
10- or so stoned dates, 1 large tbsp of honey, a squeeze of lemon juice, a tsp of true vanilla essence, 1/2 tsp of good salt, 3 good tsps ginger powder.
Blend until smooth.
Add 1/2 cup of coconut cream or milk & 1/2 cup of a mix of melted butter & coconut oil.
Blend some more.
Taste & adjust the balance to suit.
Pour over the base & pop in to the fridge until set.
Keeps well in the fridge.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Ooh you are so kind to leave a comment ♥

Related Posts with Thumbnails